Serve super snacks at your Super Bowl party! Here are some goodies that always get gobbled up at Katie’s parties. A few have been served at family gatherings for well over 30 years. (Before Katie could even eat them!)
Hot Dried Beef Dip
Definitely a dip for a guy’s guy, but ladies love it too, even if they don’t admit it.
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peper
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 2 1/2 oz jar of dried beef (shredded)
- 2 tablespoons of onion, chopped fine
Beat cream cheese, sour cream and milk. Mix with rest of ingredients. Pour in a small baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Serve with crackers or small toasts. DEFINITELY include the green pepper. Even though it seems weird, it definitely makes the flavor.
Sausage Cheese Balls
- 1/2 lb of hot and mild pork sausage, ground together
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cup Bisquick baking mix
Combine all ingredients. Push together until dough forms a ball. Pinch off pieces and rull into marble-sized balls. Put on a cookie sheet, 1 inch apart. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Joe’s Famous Nuts
- 2 1/4 cups mixed unsalted nuts
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons seal salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toast the nuts on a cookie sheet for ten minutes. Combine herbs and butter and toss the nuts in the butter mix when they come out of the oven. Enjoy!
Each of these snacks is a crowd-pleaser for Super Bowl parties, or other gatherings. They’re easy to make and yummy!